Monday, February 4, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #16


We ended up making a few changes to last week's menu. I didn't have enough tilapia in the freezer, and I didn't go to the grocery store Friday because I didn't want to take the boys with me, so it ended up being a fend-for-yourself night. The boys had PB&J, I had canned soup, and Billy had hot dogs (I think).

Saturday afternoon, our good friends from up in McKinney called and wanted to get together. We met them in Garland for dinner at Cheddar's, then went next door to Chick-Fil-A for dessert. It was much quieter there, so we were able to visit more easily. The kids had fun eating their ice cream (although Grant and Jacob dropped their cones and had to get new ones) and playing in the play area.

Oh, and I added BBQ meatballs to go along with our baked potatoes (which ended up not being super-stuffed) for Super Bowl Sunday. (Congrats to the NY Giants! I'm a fan of the Mannings, and it's great that the brothers won back-to-back Super Bowl championships.) I decided to hold off on the brownies until Wednesday, Jacob's birthday.

This week is going to be pretty crazy, so we'll probably end up eating a lot of sandwiches.

Monday: sandwiches or hot dogs/corn dogs
I'll be at a SWIM Board meeting.

Tuesday: sandwiches
We'll be hosting a table about Greece at our homeschool association's "World's Fair".

Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, salad, brownies
It is Jacob's 5th birthday! He couldn't decide what he wanted to eat, so I chose this. It's one of his favorite meals, and I've made it for him on his last 2 birthdays.

Thursday: leftovers
Not only will Lost be on, but the new season of Survivor comes on right before it. I'm not going to want to do much cooking or cleaning up!

Friday: ???
Billy's parents will be coming sometime that afternoon/evening. I don't know if we'll have sandwiches or take-out.

Saturday: OUT!
We'll go out to celebrate Jacob's and Billy's birthdays.

Sunday: sandwiches
AWANA nights are not good for cooking anything since we don't get home until 7:00.

I'm going to have to come up with some different ideas for quick-fix suppers for when we've got things going on. Sandwiches get old really fast - especially when you have them for lunch quite frequently!

For more menu ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: