Thursday, February 7, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday #3

It's been a crazy week, and a difficult one food-wise.

Saturday evening we met some friends at Cheddar's, a favorite restaurant that we often forget about. (There's not one along our nearby "Restaurant Rows".) As I perused the menu, I couldn't decide between the Grilled Chicken Salad or their delicious Dijon Chicken and Mushrooms. I chose the latter; you can get a salad anywhere! I haven't found nutrition info on that, but I'm sure the calories are through the roof, even though I ate only half. (I had the other half for lunch Monday.) I also snacked on a few greasy tortilla chips and some really good salsa. And I had queso with ground beef on two chips. And I ate a few of the boys' fries, which were really good. (Remember, I can't turn down a good French fry!) After that, we went next door to Chick-Fil-A for ice cream. I got a kiddie cone, which I really didn't need or want. Still, a plus was that I wasn't miserably full when all was said and done. I've been known to eat way beyond my comfort level just because the food tastes so good.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was another high-calorie day, but I justified that because I had worked out really well. I took the boys to McDonald's for lunch for Jacob's birthday so they could play in the play area. I had a grilled Snack Wrap with honey mustard dressing, which is about 260 calories. Not bad. Then I ate about 450 calories in fries. (The boys complain when I get them one order of small fries to share, so I ordered them each their own. Caleb decided he didn't want many since he was saving room for a hot fugde sundae. Jacob didn't eat the first one. I couldn't stand to throw them away, so I ate them...) I should've stopped there, but when I ordered the boys' ice cream, I got some for myself, too. Jacob and I ordered chocolate dipped cones. The chocolate wasn't ready, so while we were waiting, our ice cream started melting. The cashier put those on our tray for free and made us fresh new cones when the chocolate was ready. I hated to throw them away, and I definitely didn't want to eat them! There was a lady in line next to me with her young grandson, so I asked her if she would like to have them. She looked at me in surprise, then gratefully accepted them.

For Jacob's birthday supper, I made spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and brownies. (I should have made the salad on my menu, but I was tired from the day and wanted to get out of the kitchen and relax while everything was finishing up cooking.) I only had one serving of spaghetti, but I ate more garlic bread and brownies than I should have.

Today we're going to Cici's Pizza for a homeschool association field trip. (Pizza is another weakness of mine!) Then supper tonight is leftover spaghetti and bread - and brownies. It's going to be another tough day!

At least my workout was good! I walked a mile in 16:49. Between sets of upper body weights, I walked another .4 miles in 6:40. I forgot the time on my last .3 miles after my last set of weights, but it felt consistent with my other times. (Had my walking tunes playing...)

I didn't get around to starting any other exercises at home until this morning. I did some core exercises this morning and will do a few more later today. Once I've gotten the instructions for the different exercises down, it won't take me so long to get through them and I'll be able to go through the whole routine at one time in the mornings. (I find too many other things to do to exercise at home in the afternoons or evenings.)

Yesterday's weigh-in: 159.2 pounds. (This was my second weigh-in. After the first one, I took my shoes off and it really made a difference! But I was also wearing a heavy sweatshirt, so I don't know how accurate it was. Next week I'll weigh before I change into my street clothes, even though the scales are on my way out of the dressing room.)

No comments: