Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday #4

Last weekend was a bad one, food-wise. Too much cake, ice cream, French fries, fried chicken, corn nuggets, candy, etc. And the ice cream and cake have continued into this week. Tomorrow the leftover cake goes into the garbage disposal, and the ice cream gets pushed toward the back of the freezer. The candy will go into the cabinet where I can't see it unless I'm looking for it.

I'm going to try harder this weekend, though it will probably be difficult again. My parents and sisters are coming to celebrate birthdays and we'll be going out to eat again. Then Sunday we'll be going out to lunch with a couple from our Sunday school class. (They write the class' monthly newsletter and Billy and I are the featured couple for March.)

I have noticed that I'm not drinking as much water as I should. I tend to get busy with homeschooling and housework in the mornings and "forget" to drink. I usually have my first big glass of water with my lunch, then try to make up the difference in the evenings. That's another area where I need to work harder.

My exercise routine was better this time around. I started exercising in the mornings at home. Tuesdays and Thursdays are core and abs; Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are upper and lower body. I just need to be consistent with it.

Today I walked a mile in 16:47. Between sets of weights, I walked a half mile in 8:15. (My pace was quicker, thanks to Third Day's Saved!) I walked an additional untimed cool-down lap after my last set of weights. And I added the Row to my upper body workout regimen. I'm not sure how many machines I use now. I just start at one end and work my down to the other. I liked my routine better today: 1 mile, 1 round of weights, half a mile, 1 round of weights, cool-down lap. I think I'm going to keep going with that routine. Once the weather warms up a little, I'll go back to walking my mile on the outdoor track.

Today's weigh-in: 160.0 lbs. That's up 0.8 from last week, so all the eating really did me in. My goal for next week is to lose that 0.8 lbs.

No comments: