Thursday, January 31, 2008

January Report Card

I set my goals a month ago. How have I done so far?

1. Lose 20 pounds by the summer
So far, so good. I've lost 5 pounds over the last 5 weeks.

2. Play my guitar for 30 minutes each week.
I still haven't picked it up. I've been busy with other things, but I hope to get to it within the next few months.

3. Read at least 4 books each month.
I've done okay. I've started more than 4, but I've only completed 3.

4. Complete the self-study program by April 11.
I'm still working on it. I've completed one more book toward that goal. Now I have to write my summary. And turn in all my other summaries to my advisor. I think I only have 5 or 6 books left to read.

5. Host a game night with friends.
As much as I'd like to do it now, it's going to have to wait a few more months. At least we can have game nights when our families are here next month.

6. Scrapbook at least once a month.
Nope. I've wanted to, but I've been busy with other things.

7. Promote to Future Director.
I still don't have a recruit. I may be getting closer, though...

8. Promote to Director by December 31.
Well, I can't do that until I promote to future director. My director wants me to promote by October 1.

9. Book a minimum of 3 shows each month.
I booked 5 for January, but only 2 have come to completion. One cancelled and I'm waiting to hear back on two other catalog shows. For February, I only have one definite show booked. I'm working to get two more, but I'm having a hard time with it. It's a great host special - any 2 products from the catalog at 60% off! Who can pass that up?!?

Okay, so I have a lot of work to do in several areas. The year is young, and I have 11 more months to get the other things started. I'm not going to give up on them just because January wasn't a banner month for everything. I'll just try harder to get to things in February.

No comments: