Monday, January 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #14


Welcome to the worst-looking post in my blogging history...

Last week ran pretty smoothly, but Friday's pizza got replaced with chili-cheese corn dogs. I got busy with other things and didn't get around to starting supper until nearly 6:00, which was too late to get started on pizzas. Saturday night ended up being pizza night and the Greek-style pizza I made turned out good. It's not my favorite, but it was a nice change from our usual. The chicken strips and fries are being shifted to this week.

Update: Things are changing! When I was moving things around on the menu, I forgot that I had to have some dental work done this afternoon. I don't feel like cooking or chewing, so we'll eat whatever tonight. I'm not going to cook something delicious and not feel like eating it!

Additional update: Let's revise this yet one more time... I'm not changing it again!

Monday: crispy Parmesan chicken strips, seasoned fries, salad pot luck

Tuesday: vegetable fried rice, egg rolls
This is a great way to get the boys to eat some spinach! I add finely chopped spinach along with chopped carrots and thin slices of baby corn. The boys love the rice, and the spinach is too small to pick out, so they eat it all. And without complaining!


Tuesday: chicken quesadillas
I have everything I need for this - except the right kind of cheese... Go figure. But it's supposed to be cold and wet all day today, and I don't feel like getting out in it to shop for groceries. I think I'll just use string cheese on the boys' quesadillas and the sliced pepper Jack on mine and Billy's.

Wednesday: corn and black bean soup, tortilla chips
Billy came up with this recipe a few years ago. It's really good, but I can't remember all the ingredients... Guess I better get his list before I go grocery shopping tomorrow.


Wednesday: chicken quesadillas, salad vegetable fried rice, egg rolls

Thursday: leftover soup crispy Parmesan chicken strips, seasoned fries, salad macaroni & cheese, hot dogs

Friday: chicken quesadillas, salad pot luck again
I have a PC show that night, so I'll be sampling Baked Potato Soup and Easy Apple Crisp.

Saturday: crispy Parmesan chicken strips, fried ravioli, marinara sauce for dipping
Our small group is supposed to meet here. I don't know what the plan is yet... Guess I should find this out before my grocery trip as well.
For our small group meeting, we're having an appetizer potluck. The one we did before Christmas went over well and seemed to be a lot easier than coordinating a meal where everyone brings something. Next month might be a good time to have super stuffed baked potatoes...

Sunday: sandwiches

For more menu ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie. They'll be much easier to read than mine.

No comments: