Monday, January 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #12



This is going to be an easy week since I'll be gone part of the weekend. The guys will have to fend for themselves, but there are plenty of quick-fix items around.

Monday: Taco Layer Dip (We'll be having our own small party in honor of the LSU game tonight. I wanted to have fun food, and I didn't want to be stuck cleaning up the kitchen during the game!)

Tuesday: leftovers

Wednesday: Crock-Pot steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and carrots (Temps are in the 70s and 80s this week, so I'm not really wanting to make soup. Hopefully things will be cooler next week. I still have several soups on my list that I'm wanting to make!)

Thursday: pancakes and sausage

Friday: ??? (I'll be attending a SWIM Board retreat.)

Saturday: ??? (I'll be returning from the retreat shortly after supper time, and I'll probably be too full from snacking all day to eat anything.)

Sunday: sandwiches (AWANA night)

A week or so ago, while I was looking over other menu plans on I'm an Organizing Junkie, I came across a really great post titled "How much does that recipe cost?" I've been saving my grocery receipts for several months because I've wanted to compare monthly costs since I started monthly menu planning instead of weekly. No, I still haven't gotten around to doing that, but now I'm inspired to grab that stack of receipts and figure not only monthly costs, but individual recipe costs as well. I'm really curious about the results...

No comments: