Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kicking Off "Weigh-In Wednesday"

I've actually made measurable progress in my weight-loss efforts!

Even though I started my workout program last fall and could tell a difference in the way my clothes fit, my weight stayed the same. Then we took turns getting sick and I wasn't able to go to the gym for a month. And it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I ate freely while I wasn't working out. And I lost all that I had worked for. My weight stayed basically the same, but my body went back to fitting in my clothes the old way again.

I like to think I started over with the new year.

First, I changed the way I work out. I challenge myself and push myself instead of keeping to the same pace each week. I even walked a 17-minute mile today - plus another .6 miles at the same quick pace! And without the help of my iPod! (It got stuck on my new "Walk" playlist and wouldn't play. Billy checked it this evening and it was fine, so I don't know what the deal was. At least now I know I can do it on my own, without a snappy Billy Joel beat.) Second, I changed the way I eat. I eat less and make healthier choices. Read more about my weight-loss plan here.

I only weigh myself once a week - on Wednesdays after I work out. On my way out of the ladies' locker room, I stop off at the scales and check my progress.

When I "began" 3 weeks ago, I weighed in at 164.9 lbs.

Last week, I weighed in at 162.5 lbs.

Today, I weighed in at 160.9 lbs.

Next week? Next month? Will I reach my goal of 20 lbs. by the end of May? Tune in each week to "Weigh-In Wednesday" to find out.

(I started to post my weight as 1*4.9, etc., but I need to be real and up-front about this. So, yes, you now know what I weigh. Surprised? I hide it well...)

Seeing the numbers go down each week really motivates me to keep at it. Now I just need to fine-tune my toning and body-shaping plan. Feel free to encourage me! That helps, too!

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

Ashley, that's so awesome! Good for you! I'm still plugging along, although my weight loss seems painfully slow sometimes. I can see and feel changes in my body though, and that's very encouraging!

Thanks for sharing the story about your sister in my comments section. What a wonderful story.