Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Soup is Good Food!

Soup is my focus for this week's Oh, How Pinteresting! post, which is hosted each week by The Vintage Apple.

A few years ago we started having "soup night" every week from October through March. For some odd reason, I seem to have forgotten about it this year.

Maybe it's that I just got bored with the soups I've made in the past. Nahhh... We all love those - and it's been a while since we've had them.

More likely it's because I haven't been doing my menu planning before my grocery trips, but rather after... Not such a great plan.

Whatever the reason, I can probably count the times we've had soup this fall/winter on one hand. Sad! Now that I've realized it, I can change it.

One soup we have had this season was a new one I found through Pinterest. We love mushroom soup, and this one looked wonderful:



It was pretty good, but it needed something to add a little richness. Butter, maybe? The recipe didn't make a lot, but we all liked it and decided it's a keeper. I just need to be sure I make it along with something like baked or grilled chicken, salad, bread,...

Here are a few I'm wanting to try soon - and since tomorrow is grocery day, I should probably decide which one I want to try next...

This taco soup looks wonderful - and it's a Weight Watcher's recipe!



Or how about this Weight Watcher's Summer Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder? (I know, it says "summer" corn, but I don't have summer corn, and I don't make soup in the summer. Not in TX, anyway...)



And speaking of chowder, this Cheesy Chicken Chowder looks tasty! It's definitely not Weight Watcher's...



Here's a flavor I absolutely crave: coconut curry. This Thai Coconut Curry Soup looks great to me, but I doubt it's something the rest of the family would like. I showed it to Billy and he said he thought it would be a bit much for soup, as opposed to the delicious coconut curry sauce I always get on a chicken dish I order at Mai's. I guess I need to visit Mai's more often...



Hmmmm... What to do...?

3 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Ahhh...they ALL look amazing...but I immediately honed in on the mushroom one!

There are so many soups on Pinterest that I want to try!

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

julie said...

They look delicious! Have you ever tried Cheeseburger soup? I have the recipe if you want -- it's one of our favorites.

Ashley said...

I'm making taco soup, but not necessarily the WW version. :o)

Julie - I will email you. I definitely want that recipe!