Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jewelry Inspiration

It's "Oh, How Pinteresting!" Wednesday! Once again, I'm linking up with other Pinterest-lovers at The Vintage Apple to share what we've found lately.

I'm getting ready to get back to business with my jewelry-making, now that the holiday season and the boys' basketball season are over. Well, almost over. We have one more weekend of games, then it's back to my regular jewelry-making Saturdays again. I've enjoyed basketball, but I'm ready to get back to work!

I've found several things through Pinterest to inspire me - great ideas to try when I'm not feeling very inspired on my own.

I started working on soldering amoeba links for a necklace back in October, but seasonal busy-ness put a stop to that. And the price of the gauge of sterling silver I need to make the links is really high right now. I think I'll switch over to an amoeba bracelet, or maybe a necklace using a few amoeba chain components mixed with some beads or pearls... Anyway, if I want to sell any, they don't need to cost as much as it's looking like one amoeba necklace of a decent length will cost. Here's something similar to what I'm working on...

Source: flickr.com via Ashley on Pinterest



Here's something I found intriguing: bracelets made with vintage earrings. I'm not much into wearing vintage stuff myself, but these are beautiful. And I know just the place to find what I'll need!

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



Speaking of vintage, a pair of these would be a perfect complement to one of those bracelets!

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



And a necklace, too...

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



I love this idea of using coordinating components as a toggle instead of using traditional toggles, though there are some pretty ones out there. One like this would have to be an over-the-head piece, but I could work something similar that would be a front closure instead. I've got lots of ideas swirling now!

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



Since I also stamp and punch metal, I've found several things I can make as "mommy" or "grandma" necklaces (or bracelets):

This one could be for moms, grandmothers, new brides, etc.

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



I like this one a little better...

Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest



But this one is my favorite. It's so sweet, and there are so many sentiments (or lines from children's books!) that could be used.



And these are just a few of the jewelry pieces that have given me inspiration! Looks like I have my work cut out for me! I'm ready!

1 comment:

midi said...

I make these but can no longer find the "blanks." Anyone have a source?