Friday, February 10, 2012

Deleted

I realized that I just don't have the time right now to keep up with my "Documenting Domesticity" photo blog, so I deleted it. I did import the few posts with photos into this blog, so they're not lost. The other posts, where I described what I was trying to do and explained my various challenges and revisions on my idea, have been deleted since they no longer pertain to anything. As I have the time (and interest and ability) to keep up with the weekly photo challenges at Photo Friday, I'll post them here. Those challenges just aren't meshing with my other goals for this year.

That said, I still intend to be more active with my photography this year. I've taken several food photos the last few weeks, as well as pictures to document my 52-week home organization challenge. Those images will be sprinkled throughout this blog and my recipe blog (Ashley's Cafe), which I fully intend to keep up.

I am considering moving my blog from Blogger/Blogspot to WordPress, but I haven't made a decision on that just yet. It's under consideration as I check out what WordPress has to offer vs. what Blogger offers. I initially wasn't interested in WordPress at all, but since a friend of mine blogs there and I've been visiting it frequently, I'm curious to see how it could change the look and feel of my own blogs. My main reason for moving there would be to better optimize my currently-under-construction jewelry business blog (Ashley's Bead Box).

The possible move to WordPress isn't high on my list of priorities right now, but if I decide to switch, I'll give plenty of notice to you, my faithful reader.

4 comments:

julie said...

I started at Wordpress years ago. It's the place I am familiar with so that's just where I've stayed, lol. I looked at blogger a little and couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the two.

julie said...

...and now that I left that comment, I find myself wondering how to be notified as more comments are made to this post? Also, how am I notified when you post something new in blogger? Wordpress has options for that, but I'm not sure if blogger does.

Ashley said...

Julie - in the comment box, there's a place where you can click for follow-up comments to be sent to your email. As for new posts..., I don't know if that's available through Blogger or not. I'm still considering WordPress, but I haven't had much time lately to look more into it. Maybe March will be a slower month...?

julie said...

On my screen for the comment box, there doesn't show a follow-up option. Maybe I would have to be logged in to blogger for that to show?