Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Knifty Knits!

What? It's already Wednesday again? That means it's time for another "Oh, How Pinteresting!" post! Join me and other Pinterest-lovering bloggers as we link up at The Vintage Apple to share some of the things we're pinterested in.

Since I've been busy knitting almost every evening, I thought I'd share a few knit items I like from my Hooks & Needles board. (I also love to crochet, but all the patterns I'm sharing today are knit.)

I'm currently working on knitting a ruana for myself, similar to this one:



I'm using variegated yarn in fall colors. It's slow going, but it'll be worth it. I've wanted one of these for a long time.

Here's another ruana pattern I really like:



The color is great, and I love the detailed work along the edges.

For the spring and summer, I'd love to be able to knit myself a top like this one for when I wear my jeggings:



Here's another cute knitted top, but I don't think I'm skilled enough yet for all the lacework:



And speaking of skills..., I'd love to eventually make something with this gorgeous entrelac pattern:

Source: google.com via Ashley on Pinterest



In the past, whenever friends were having babies, I'd almost always crochet baby afghans for them. There were a few times when there were too many pregnant friends to do that for, so I'd crochet a cute little sweater/cap set instead. (They work up much quicker, but I still prefer afghans, which can be used for years if they're made large enough. My 9-year-old son is still able to use his, although he is outgrowing it and has asked me a few times already for a larger one.) Now I've found these adorable baby bunting sets:



Isn't that sweet?!? How about this football bunting for boys?



Precious! But I think my favorite is this "Hungry Little Caterpillar" set:



I'm dying to try making one of these! I don't know that I'll be invited to any baby showers any time soon, so I may just have to practice one on my own!

What have you seen on Pinterest lately?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, that baby stuff is just adorable!

Happy Wednesday!