Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Idol Picks

Six performed last night and there was a clear 3-3 split.

Bottom 3 performances (not necessarily those who will be in the Bottom 3 tonight):

Brooke White, Jason Castro, and David Archuleta

All three have been consistently lack-luster, and this week none of them stood out. Again.

Top 3 performances (again, not necessarily those who will be in the Top 3 tonight):

David Cook, Carly Smithson, and Syesha Mercado

David Cook continues to deliver a great performance week after week. Though I prefer him when he rocks, he does the other styles really well, too. He's by far my favorite contestant this season. Carly Smithson finally did something to stand out in the crowd! I just hope she's not too late with such a great performance. Syesha finally broke away this week and showed some personality. I'm willing to watch her another week if she can keep this up.

Now, for who I think will be in the Bottom 3 tonight: Brooke, Jason, and Carly. (I voted for Carly several times last night and got through every time. I voted for David Cook several times, but frequently got a busy signal.)

I think Brooke White will be saying goodbye.

Update: I was shocked that Brooke was safely through. What shocked me even more was that Carly went home. Apparently the crowd was surprised as well; they were silent for a bit.

I'm not looking forward so much to next week's Neil Diamond... I hope it's better than I'm anticipating.

No comments: