Thursday, March 6, 2008

Idol 16: Girls' Round 3

Let's hear it for the girls...

1. Asia'h Epperson - "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"
I was late tuning in so I missed her performance, but I did catch it on the American Idol website. She was lively enough, but she sounded off here and there. I think she's good enough to stay, but not to win.

2. Kady Malloy - "Who Wants to Live Forever"
Not only did I not recognize this song, but her performance was boring and her singing wasn't that great. I hope she's going home this week.

3. Amanda Overmyer - "I Hate Myself for Loving You"
Once again, I'm not impressed with her. She looked better this week, but she didn't sound any better. Her screech toward the end of the song didn't help matters any.

4. Carly Smithson - "I Drove All Night"
She did a great job covering a Celine Dion song, hitting all the notes with not a sour one in the bunch. I've liked her from the start, and that performance shows why.

5. Kristy Lee Cook - "Faithfully"
I love Journey, but I didn't love this. I know I said I wanted her to give country a try, but not on a classic rock song that I love. I wasn't impressed with her twang, and she often couldn't hit or hold the notes. As Bad. Maybe she should go this week instead of next.

6. Ramiele Malubay - "Against All Odds"
She did really well, but I'm not sure she was my favorite of the night. Still, she's got staying power and I bet she'll be in the top 3 or 4.

7. Brooke White - "Love Is a Battlefield"
She's got a great voice! I wasn't sure I would like the toned-down version of this song, but it was really good. She truly made this song her own. She keeps getting better every week.

8. Syesha Mercado - "Saving All My Love for You"
She's back! She did a great job with this song, hitting every note perfectly. She's staying.

My picks: Amanda Overmyer and Kady Malloy. Kristy Lee Cook would be okay to go, too.

No comments: