Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: January 31

Well, I changed up a few things from last week's original plan, but I still haven't made it to Wal-Mart to get a few of the things I need from there, including the Progress Chicken Enchilada soup I need for a new recipe I want to try. So that's carrying over to this week. Tonight, in fact. We've got some nasty weather forecast for tomorrow through Thursday, and if I don't want to have to get out in it - and if I don't want my elderly cat to die of starvation - I have to go today. :oP

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
chips, guacamole, & salsa

In spite of all the not-so-rave reviews of this recipe, I plan to try this at least once. The picture looks too good not to! And who's to say their tastes are the same as mine?

Tuesday
hot dogs
chips
fruit
(regardless of whether we have basketball practice or not)

Wednesday
Chicken & Dumplings
green beans
salad

Thursday
leftovers

Friday
Lasagna
Caesar salad
garlic bread

My mother-in-law told me she wants me to make lasagna for them sometime, and since they're coming for Jacob's birthday weekend - and it's one of Jacob's favorites - I thought this would be the perfect time for it.

Saturday
Out for Jacob's birthday supper.

Super Bowl Sunday - and Jacob's birthday
Low-Cal/Low-Fat Mozzarella Sticks (from Rocco DiSpirito's new cookbook Now Eat This!)
Cocktail Sausages in BBQ sauce
chips & guacamole, maybe some queso
???

I need to decide what else will make fun party foods for us that night...

So that makes two new recipes this week! Woohoo! We'll see if they'll become new family favorites.

No comments: