Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Change of (Meal) Plans

Well, I finally found the recipe I was looking for: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. It looks delicious!

It didn't get rave reviews from people who commented on the website. Most of them say the cooking time needed to be longer and it needs more flavor. I'm willing to try it as is the first time around, then tweak it as my taste buds lead me. (That's the way I do with most recipes. Rarely do I make anything the "original" way.) Oh, and I read that the sodium content is really high. I have a feeling the Progresso soup is the culprit, so I'll see what other options I might have.

I'm going to put this off until the weekend because I'm lazy and I don't feel like going by the grocery store to get my soup. :oP We have other options to carry us through this week, so I'm going to ditch my plan and change things up a bit:

Wednesday
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Roasted Cauliflower
Caesar Salad

Thursday
breakfast burritos
fruit

Saturday
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
chips & guacamole

It's nothing drastic; just saving some time here and there. Still I can't wait to try it for myself. At least I'll be placated by getting to have my cauliflower tomorrow night!

No comments: