Thursday, September 4, 2008

Freebies!

Several weeks ago - in fact, I think it was early June - a friend of mine emailed a group of us a notice about free tickets to the Texas State Fair for homeschoolers. The deadline was only 2 days away, so I got right on it and mailed off my request. I had completely forgotten about it and was talking with a friend of mine Monday about finding some tickets so we could go. (We've never been in the 5 years we've lived here, and I know the boys would love it.)

Another friend had emailed me about the Pizza Hut Book-It! program for kindergartners through sixth graders. I'll need to look over the program more closely, but participants can earn coupons for a free one-topping personal pan pizza for each of the next six months - October through March.

Last week I signed Caleb up for the Braum's Book Buddies program. For every 6 books he reads, he'll get a coupon for a free ice cream treat - a sundae, a single dip cone, or a frozen yogurt cone. He's participated in that the last two years and has really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it's only open to first- through sixth- graders, so Jacob has to wait another year.

Wednesday, after my workout, we ventured out to a nearby Dallas Rec Center in hopes of getting some free passes to the Dallas Arboretum. Score! They still had some, so I got four. Now we're just waiting for cooler weather...

Today's mail brought some nice surprises! Our state fair tickets and our pizza coupons arrived! I'll get the ice cream coupons later this month. Now I need to see what other freebies I can get my hands on!

No comments: