Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Deceptive

Gustav has pushed a lot of clouds and wind into north Texas, creating the illusion that it's winter outside. Of course, that all disintegrates when you walk outside into the heat...

After my workout today, the boys and I went to Wendy's for lunch. As I pulled into the parking lot and was tricked again by the illusion of winter, I decided a hot baked potato would be perfect. (I was also wishing I had planned to make soup for supper...) I ordered a sour cream and chive potato - and it hit the spot!

I'm so ready for cooler weather. Soup nights. Flannel pants. Hot chocolate with a big dollop of whipped cream on top. Curling up under a blanket with a good book. Yes, I'm definitely ready.

I know it's coming. I've noticed the subtle changes in the daylight and the color of the sky. Still, the weather I'm waiting for will be slower in coming. I guess for the next month or so, I'll just look outside on cloudy days and pretend I'm a little chilled. Oh, and even though the flannel pants and hot chocolate and blankets have to wait a little while longer, I'm going to start soup nights next week. I just can't wait!

No comments: