Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All Mixed Up

Recently I've seen Dairy Queen commercials advertising paninis. With all the greasy country fried steak strips and chicken strips they fry up, I can't begin to imagine their paninis.

In today's sale flyers, I noticed where Domino's has added hot sub sandwiches to their delivery menu, and Pizza Hut is now serving quesadillas.

I like to have choices just as much as the next person, but if I wanted a hot sub, I'd go to Quizno's, where that's their specialty. If I wanted a quesadilla, Pizza Hut wouldn't be my first - or second - choice. I don't go to Jack-in-the-Box for tacos, either.

Then there are the food items that just about everyone offers: burgers, chicken sandwiches, wraps. If I want a good burger, I'll get one at Whataburger, Sonic, or Wendy's. If I want a good chicken sandwich - or chicken anything - I'll go to Chick-Fil-A. I haven't tried the wraps everywhere yet, but that's what I get when I go to McDonald's; the honey mustard and the chipotle barbecue are both really good. Besides, their burgers aren't that great.

Before long, I'll probably be able to drive through the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurant and get spaghetti or fried rice, with a banana split for dessert.

1 comment:

Keith McGee said...

HAHA, I know what is the deal with these places. I saw a commercial yesterday for the sub sandwich from domino's and I thought that was really weird and stupid.