Wednesday, July 30, 2008

10 Things to Do When It's Too Hot to Go Outside

This week's Ten on Tuesday should be easy. We're becoming masters at this!

Here are 10 things we do when it's too hot to go outside...

1. read
2. play computer games
3. watch movies (at home)
4. go to the cheap movies (.50 or $1 per ticket)
5. church day camp (for Caleb)
6. go to the mall play area (for Jacob)
7. visit the library
8. play with Hot Wheels, Legos, K'Nex, Lincoln Logs, etc.
9. eat popsicles
10. nap (for me)

Jacob keeps asking to go out and play, and I keep telling him it's too hot. If we had shade or a kiddie pool to play in, that would make it tolerable - at least for a little while.

The boys had two weeks of swimming lessons a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely unbearable sitting in the heat for that 35-40 minutes each day. The only shade poolside was under one tree and a big crowd of moms claimed that early each day, so I was left crisping in the sun. (My feet have nice Speedo tan lines...) I would hide under the shade trees after swimming lessons while the boys played on the playground each day, but by then the damage was done. I was totally exhausted by the heat. By the last day of lessons, I was so drained of energy I couldn't do much of anything for a few days. We've been staying inside ever since - doing all the fun things listed above.

No comments: