Friday, October 12, 2007

Real Life

For Mother's Day, I got a new digital camera, which I absolutely love. I've always enjoyed taking pictures and learned a lot about using a photograph to tell a story in a college photojournalism class. Now I need to put those two together and see what I can come up with.

I'd like to start participating in Photo Friday, but after seeing a lot of the photos posted through it, I feel very inadequate. Still, it's a great challenge - not just to find a picture that fits that week's theme, but to start looking for the picturesque details in every day moments.

This week's theme: Real Life.


I took this in August, just a few weeks after this local gas plant exploded. I took it from atop Reunion Tower, at full zoom. I don't remember if this shot was through a piece of plexiglass or if I managed to find an opening between pieces.

No comments: