Monday, October 8, 2007

Menu Plan Monday #2

Last Monday seems like a rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy lllloooonnnngggg time ago!

To fill in the blanks from last week's menu, Friday night we went out to eat at Panera Bread. We almost didn't go there because the boys didn't eat well last time we went. Then I remembered the soup! The boys really like soup, and that's what they got. Caleb had the Low-Fat Chicken Noodle Soup (like he really needs low-fat!) with some crusty French bread for dipping. Jacob had Baked Potato Soup with crusty French bread and some fruit. The rest of us got a combination of soup and either a panini or a salad. It was really good - and knowing how well the boys ate their soup, we can go back with no worries.

Saturday night we went to Applebee's for steaks. (We would've liked to go to Outback Steakhouse, but "Restaurant Row" is always crowded on weekends. There's always been a long wait to get in anywhere over there - even as early as 5:30 p.m.!) For dessert, we each got a "Dessert Shooter", a small dessert portion served in a double-shot glass. Perfect! Between the six of us, we had all five flavors. Caleb and I both got the Chocolate Mousse; everyone else chose something different. (Sounds like the beginning of a logic problem...)

Here's what's on the menu for this week:
Monday: - NEW! Apple-Maple Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sammies (Rachael Ray's recipe calls for ground chicken, but I couldn't find any that particular day, so I bought ground turkey.)

Tuesday: - frozen pizza (Billy's class night)

Wednesday: - Chicken & Dumplings (I'll serve a salad with it if I can find some decent lettuce! The last few times I've been to the store, the lettuce has looked really bad. Maybe I'll go with Romaine; the boys won't eat spinach.)

Thursday: - leftovers (TV night!)

Friday: - Chili Cheese Corn Dogs (and a chili cheese hot dog for Jacob)

Saturday: - Omelets (with all ingredients separate for Jacob)

Sunday: - sandwiches (AWANA night)

Hmmm. I didn't realize I had planned two breakfast supper nights this week. The new recipe was added later when I had a blank day. Oh, well. We all like breakfast suppers, and I don't make them very often.

What's on your menu? Need more ideas? Check out others on Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I just added the recipe to my favorites! Hope you have a wonderful week!