Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - September 27

It was great being back to following a regular menu plan last week! I made everything according to the days I had planned, and there's enough leftover chicken & dumplings for Billy to take to work for lunch tomorrow. If he forgets, they're mine! :o)

Monday
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
The boys don't want that, so they'll have their usual Alfredo cheese and pepperoni pizzas, just without all the extras this time.

Tuesday
Blackened Tilapia
Pasta Salad
Green Beans

Wednesday
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Country White Bread
Since Caleb chose what he wanted for soup night last week, Jacob chose for this week - much to Caleb's disappointment. He claims he hates broccoli, but he's eaten it without complaint the last several times I've cooked it. He finally relented and said that he'd try it again. I'm betting he'll end up liking it, especially since he'll have some fresh homemade bread to dip in it.

Thursday
Biscuits
Sausage & Gravy
Scrambled Eggs
This was Caleb's choice for the week. When I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at ALDI on Friday, I couldn't find any frozen biscuits or white gravy mixes. I'm going to make homemade biscuits (something I haven't done for a long time) and try my hand at making sausage gravy - for the first time ever. I suppose I could always run up to Wal-Mart and get what I need, but do I really want to? We'll see how the week goes...

Friday
leftovers

Saturday
sandwiches or leftovers
It's home team night again, and I'll be focusing on keeping the house straight and preparing the evening's Lord of the Rings-themed snacks. :o)

Sunday
sandwiches or leftovers

For more menu plan ideas, click here.

No comments: