Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - September 13, 2010

Yes, I'm a few days late with this. Now that we're back from vacation, I can hopefully get in a more regular routine. And now that summer is "over" and we're back to a regular routine, I can get back to my weekly menu planning.

This week:
Monday
Baked Rotini

Tuesday
leftovers or sandwiches

Wednesday
Vegetable Soup, cornbread
Yes, I know it's still hot out during the day, but I've missed our weekly soup nights. If I wait until it gets cooler, who knows how long that will be! So, I start them in September and carry them through March, regardless of the temperature outside.)

Thursday
leftovers or sandwiches

Friday
???
We were on vacation last week and I only picked up some basics at the grocery store when we got back, so it's a boring week. I'm not sure if we'll be getting out to Costco or not. If so, we'll eat out; if not, we'll make do.

Saturday
sandwiches
It's home team night and my main focus will be on our LOTR-themed dessert (for our first night of LOTR discussion).

Sunday
sandwiches
Now that AWAMA is back in full swing, it's back to sandwiches or cereal when we get home on Sunday nights.

Next week will be better, I promise. Not only has soup night started back, but pizza night will resume next week. I'm also wanting to incorporate some new recipes into our week and see if we can find some new favorites.

I'm noodling over what nights I'll be cooking what and will hopefully have that all worked out the next day or so. I do know most Friday and Saturday nights will be leftover nights (and Sunday nights will remain sandwich nights), but I want us to have exciting leftovers - and a lot of variety to choose from.

For more meal plan ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: