Thursday, May 1, 2008

By All Means

Well, we're still having mouse issues. After Caleb's traumatic experience with another mouse yesterday morning, I emailed Billy at work so he'd know we're still dealing with them.

He went by Home Depot again to pick up more artillery. This time he bought blocks of poison to put here and there around the house. They're covered with paper the mouse must chew through, so I guess they're like bait, too. When he checked them this morning, there was no evidence of gnawing.

He also bought two electronic devices that emit some frequency that keeps pests (rodents and bugs) away. I wondered if it would drive our cat crazy, too, but they're supposed to be safe for pets. So far, our cat has acted normally.

The trap in the cabinet has still not been triggered, so that's a good sign. There's one left, but we can't really put it out anywhere. The cat likes peanut butter and we'd hate to catch her instead.

I have an idea the mice like the cat food. I saw a piece of it next to the side of the playroom bookshelf yesterday, but I didn't pick it up because I was curious... When we got home from our errands, it wasn't there. It could've been the cat, but I don't think she'd go for one lone piece when she's got a bowl full. But I can't be sure.

Caleb has declared that he doesn't want to homeschool at the table in the playroom the rest of the week, so we'll be holding our classes in the living room, using the ottoman as our table. Hopefully we can get back to our regular place next week.

Billy and I have a BBQ to attend tomorrow night, but I was concerned about having a babysitter here, just in case there's more drama. I'm not sure how a teenage girl would react, and I don't want to lose any of the few good sitters I have. Thankfully my friend Kim said the boys can stay with them for the evening.

In addition to all the other stuff going on right now, I certainly don't need to be overrun with mice. I hope we can get rid of all of them soon!

No comments: