Thursday, August 2, 2007

13 Things I Want To Do...

...next week while the boys are away: (It's my Thursday Thirteen!)

1. Browse the shops at the outlet mall on my way back from taking the boys to meet my mom. I received some 20% off coupons from there in the mail yesterday, along with a coupon for a free bag of chocolate-covered blueberries. Interesting...

2. Take my time looking through all the beads at the Rock Barrell. I want to find some green turquoise beads or a large pendant or something to match with a strand of beads Aunt Sue gave me. I'd also like to match the brown beads in it so I can make 2 new necklaces and maybe a matching watchband or two.

3. Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range. Now that I have my clubs again, I'd like to use them. I really wanted to do this the last time the boys were away, but it rained almost every evening, and it's too hot during the day. Maybe next week I'll have a chance.

4. Go back to NorthPark Center. I'm really wanting to try some gelatto. Plus, I'd like to follow up with a lady who works there. She commented on my Pampered Chef purse and how much she loves the products, so I gave her a catalog with my contact information on the back. I haven't heard anything from her, but if I seek her out, I might get a show lead or even a recruit lead.

5. Visit an antique store or two. It's been a while since I last walked through an antique store. Since I love to make a lot of my own jewelry, I might find some inexpensive treasure to create something fun with.

6. Organize my closet. It's been almost a year since we moved in, and my closet is still full of boxes in various stages of unpacking with who-knows-what still in them.

7. Scrapbook. It's been over a year since I last did anything with it. I need to finish organizing my photos and decide what subject I want to tackle next. The only problem with scrapbooking is that I don't have anywhere to work on it where I can leave it out for a few days. It takes so much time to get it out and put it away that I end up with just a little time to work on it.

8. Eat at Fadi's Mediterranean Grill. I haven't been there in a year or more, I think. I'm really wanting some fresh pita bread and some of their delicious cauliflower. I tried to make some myself once, but it wasn't nearly as good.

9. Look at clothes and shoes, and get ideas for jewelry, at some of my favorite stores. If I find a good sale, I might even buy something!

10. Spend my Barnes & Noble gift card. I want to get Lalita Tademy's Red River to go with my copy of Cane River. I hope it's as good.

11. Wander leisurely through the library. I don't get to do that when the boys are there with me. If I want a book that's not in the children's area, I have to go straight to it and get right back before Jacob starts yelling for me.

12. Stroll through the Dallas Arboretum and take some pictures. I haven't been there in the 4 years I've lived here, but I hear it's really nice. I want to take the boys there this fall when it cools down. If we really like it, I may see about getting a membership there so we can go whenever we want to.

13. Prepare for the next school year. I have Caleb's books for the new year, but I haven't really looked over them in detail yet to see all we'll be doing and when.

Seems like all that will probably keep me really busy. I wonder if I'll get to it all...

No comments: