Monday, August 13, 2007

When it rains,

...it pours indeed.

First it was my tooth that broke. It's still not giving me mouth pain, but I wonder if it's the cause of the headaches I've been having the last few days. Thankfully I was able to get an appointment for tomorrow morning for a cleaning and x-rays. Then they'll determine "a course of treatment" until they can get me in to fix it.

My next challenge was finding a babysitter. Of the two I use "regularly" (as infrequently as I actually use one), one works days and the other has relatives visiting for the week. I went down my list and finally found a friend whose daughter has just gotten her babysitter certification. She's "practicing" babysitting at her house with her mom there, she only charges $2 an hour, and her little brother is a friend of Caleb's. Everyone wins! I just have to be sure I leave in plenty of time to take the boys there, then get back to this part of town for my appointment.

Then the garage door broke this morning. I heard a clank! this morning after the garage door closed when Billy left. I looked around, but I didn't see anything wrong. When the boys and I tried to leave later to run a few errands, the door would only go up about 3 inches. When I pushed the button to let it down, it went down and back up to that same 3-inch height. I couldn't even push the door up. Our leasing agent said a repairman would be calling me about coming out this evening, but when he called, he said he'd be out tomorrow morning. I told him I had an appointment and he promised to come early and be finished in less than an hour. I will not be late.

Finally, this afternoon when the boys were going to have a little video game time, our old PlayStation quit working. Caleb said the sound had gone out on it a while back. Today the video went. I tried hooking it up to a different TV, but still nothing. I'm sad that it's not working, even though I haven't played it in years. We have some really fun games that I'd like to be able to play again one day. Maybe it's not the console but the cable we've been using. Maybe Billy can figure out what's wrong and fix it. Caleb said, "We'll just get an X-Box, then." I told him he'd have to wait until Christmas for something like that. And we're thinking maybe a Wii... I don't know much about all that, so I'll leave it up to Billy.

Hopefully that'll be all that breaks down around here for a while. Things like this usually come in three's for me.

No comments: