Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Feeling Better Now

My bee sting has healed nicely. There's still a faint pink splotch on my arm, but you have to be at just the right angle to see it. The point of entry is still red and raised, but it's small.

But that's not what I'm feeling better from. I woke up early Monday morning with some sort of stomach bug. I spent all of Monday on the couch. The boys did really well fending for themselves. Caleb was a great help and took care of snacks and lunch. He made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, using forks to spread on the peanut butter and jelly since he's not supposed to use knives. I need to tell him that next time he can use the butter knives in the drawer. I managed to stand long enough to put the lids back on the jars and put the jelly back in the refrigerator. All I ate that day was 6 or 7 saltines, half a popsicle, and about 3 bites of dry toast. I did manage to keep hydrated with ice water off an on during the day.

Yesterday was better. I was hungry, so I ate a whole piece of dry toast. Then I started snacking on Tostitos every now and then. At least they have some flavor! For lunch I had another piece of dry toast. I was determined NOT to have it again for supper, so Billy picked me up a baked potato from Wendy's. I ate every bit of it, followed it with a few more Tostitos, then chased all that with a whole popsicle. I'm so sick of water - and that's what I usually drink all the time anyway.

This morning I felt well enough to wash my hair, and I've been able to get some work done at the computer for about an hour now without going cross-eyed looking at the screen. Progress! I'm really hungry, so after a breakfast of toast (with a little butter and some cinnamon and sugar) and water (ugh!), we might venture out to the grocery store.

What's Cooking?

I have no idea!

Monday night, Billy fixed a corn dog for Caleb and a hot dog for Jacob.

Last night, Billy picked them up some chicken nuggets and fries from Wendy's.

Tonight, maybe I'll scramble some eggs. We never got around to the omelets last week. Or the burgers. Plans changed here and there and things got moved around and wiped off the (dry erase) menu.

As for Thursday and Friday nights, things are going to be simple: sandwiches, salads, etc.

I'm feeling slow and tired, and I don't want to have a lot of clean up. Besides, we're supposed to have an adventure tomorrow with some of our friends and I'm sure I'll be exhausted from that. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is. You'll have to come back to find out. :o)

No comments: