Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One More Day

Caleb is still running fever today! Day six! All morning, it was hovering around the 101 mark, then after lunch it went up to 102. When I checked at 2:30, it was 103.4, so I had him take a dose of Tylenol. It's down to 101 now.

I thought with his new antibiotic, he might start to pull out of the fever. Of course, he couldn't hold down his dose last night, so that may have something to do with it. Thankfully he kept his morning dose down. I think that usually happens when he takes antibiotics - the first dose rarely stays down, but subsequent ones do. At least I hope that's the case with this one.

He's also been taking Children's Mucinex in the mini-melt form. He actually likes that. I hope it's working. It's time for another dose of that one right now.

I'm supposed to call the doctor tomorrow and give him an update. I hope I'll be able to tell him Caleb is free of fever, but the way things look right now, I'm not sure. At least he had a better night last night. He still coughed a lot, but not to the extent of the night before. Shortly after midnight, I fixed him a sport bottle full of water to keep on the floor beside him. (He slept on the floor for several reasons, but mostly because I can't get to him that well when he's sleeping on the top bunk.) Maybe tonight will be even better. We all need some good sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Caleb is better by now. Tell him I'm hoping he feels better and give him a hug and a kiss from me. It was so good to see you and the boys last week. I just wish we could all see each other more often. Love to all,
Aunt Sue