Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: May 30

This is going to be an easy week! The boys are out of town, and Billy and I have coupons/gift cards for a few free meals here and there! I'll cook one night because I have some mushrooms I need to use, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of leftovers to get us through the rest of the week.

Monday
FREE Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad from Chick-Fil-A (calendar coupon)

Tuesday
FREE dinner at Corner Bakery (gift card from Christmas from Billy's boss)

Wednesday
Pasta with Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Caesar Salad

Thursday
???

We need to go by Costco for a few things, so I'm thinking I might want to eat out at La Madeleine...!

Friday
leftovers, maybe with a little grilled chicken tossed in...

Saturday
sandwiches

We'll be meeting and lunching at Cracker Barrel to pick up the boys, so supper will be light.

Sunday
sandwiches

Our church is holding its first of three summer fun family nights. This night we'll be entertained by a ventriloquist and his troop of crazy puppets. Then we'll have a fellowship afterward with lemonade and cookies. We'll need something a little more substantial when we get home!

Next week we have a fairly easy summer schedule with just one day out, so I'll plan on cooking more next week. I've got several things in mind I want to try: pasta with spinach and ricotta, and Fiesta Rice with Chicken (a recipe I'm noodling over in my mind...); as well as some family favorites: a breakfast supper, and spaghetti with meatballs.

No comments: