Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tag! You're It!

I've been tagged! Linda at Mocha with Linda tagged me to answer 7 questions she came up with.

1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
While I do love movies, I almost always like the book better.

2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because mine and Billy's families come together at one place and spend the day together eating, talking, playing games, etc. It's a relaxing way to spend time together before the busyness of Christmas sets in. (For us, Christmas is a whirlwind of traveling to spend time with both families and getting back home in time to rest up before the "normalcy" of life sets back in.)

3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
I definitely like the mountains better. The beach is okay, but I don't like sand in my hair and clothes or the feel of seaweed between my toes. I prefer the scenic mountains with its woods, streams, and waterfalls. It's a perfect place for seclusion for an introvert like me.

4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
This is easy - a maroon 2010 Chevrolet Camaro!

5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
Last winter I found and fell in love with Nestle's Chocolate Caramel cocoa. It's perfect topped with a large dollop of whipped cream. (I'm not much of a tea drinker, and then I only like iced sweet tea. I can't stand the taste of coffee.)

6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face?
It's a sad fact: email (and Facebook). I don't like the phone and rarely use it. I don't know which of my friends text, but I do text a lot with my parents and sisters. I prefer face-to-face, but being a homeschool mom who lives at least 20 minutes away from my friends, we're not able to get together whenever we want to.

7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
We have a mailbox at the end of our driveway. Several years ago we had one in a large postal unit box in a cul-de-sac across from our street. That was inconvenient, though I know it made work easier for our mail carrier. A friend of mine gets her mail delivered through a slot on her door. It was quite a shock when a small group of us was visiting her and we heard the mail drop to the floor behind us.

-----------------------------------


Now I'm supposed to come up with seven different questions and tag seven people. If I tag you, you're not obligated to participate; if I don't tag you and you want to answer the questions, feel free to do so in your own blog or in my comments section. I'd love to read your answers!

Here are the questions:
1. What hobby do you most enjoy, and how did you get involved with it?
2. If you had to spend one month in any area of service at your church, what would you choose?
3. Sweet or savory?
4. What is your favorite soup?
5. What was your favorite school subject?
6. What was your college major? Do you use it currently, or do you work in a different area?
7. If you could compete on any game show (either traditional like The Price Is Right or Jeopardy! or "reality"-based like The Amazing Race or The Biggest Loser), which would you choose and why?

I'm tagging the following people:
1. Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
2. Lindsay at Larsita. Random Thoughts. - I know you have some time! Get back to blogging, girl!

Hmmmm... That's all I can think of! Cindy still blogs, but Lindsay hasn't in quite a while. All my other blogging friends have quit, most likely because of Facebook...

No comments: