Monday, October 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - October 11

Last week was a little crazy and the few things I had planned got pushed over to this week, making this week very easy to get ready for.

Monday
Chicken Lo Mein
Mini Egg Rolls
Crab Rangoon
ALDI had several Asian food items on special the week before last. If these are good, I'll probably pick up some more for Sunday evening's International Missions Dinner. Our class was assigned Asia, and since I have AWANA that afternoon, I need something quick and easy!

Tuesday
Dirty Rice
Broccoli

Wednesday
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo

Thursday
leftovers

Friday
Biscuits & Gravy
Sausage
Scrambled Eggs
This was Caleb's breakfast supper request from two weeks ago that I never got around to cooking. I have since been to Wal-Mart, though, so I have frozen biscuits and a country gravy mix on hand and don't have to try making any of it from scratch.

Saturday
Tex-Mex
We're hosting a missionary family for our home team dinner that night. They requested Tex-Mex, so Paula and Deb are making enchiladas, and Deb is going to bring some bean dip and chips. I have a good recipe for Spanish Rice, so I'll make a double batch of that and provide some guacamole, salsa, and drinks. One other couple might be coming, in addition to our missionary family, so I guess they'll be responsible for dessert.

Sunday
International Missions Dinner Buffet, provided by the different adult Sunday school classes at church.

For more menu plan ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: