Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Dozen - October 5

This week, readers supplied Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee with questions for the Random Dozen. Except for the two bloggers I read regularly, I've deleted the blog names of those who sent them because links weren't provided, and I didn't have time to look for them. You can find them on Linda's post, though.

1. If you had a theme song that played whenever you walked into a room full of people, what would it be?
Honestly, as much music as I listen to and enjoy, when someone asks me a question about music, I draw a blank. I can't think of anything to answer this question. I'll come back to it if anything comes to mind.

2. Which of your shoes are your absolute favorite, and which are of the object of your most painful shoe-buyer's remorse?
This one seems familiar... Favorites are determined by the season. Spring/summer: flip flops. Fall/winter: boots. Worst shoe purchase: cute brown high-heel slip-ons. They didn't fit right and my feet hurt after about 10 minutes. I no longer own any heels.

3. Tell about your favorite birthday celebration that you've personally experienced.
Unfortunately what I tend to remember most is that someone is almost always sick on my birthday, so going out to eat always happens late. One year it didn't happen at all. (I'm talking about the dinner with just Billy and the boys and me.) Still, I love when family comes in town to visit and we end up going out to eat together to celebrate.

4. If you were a flavor of ice cream, which would you be?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk. I don't think that describes my personality, nor do I see how a flavor could describe anyone (other than maybe vanilla), but it's my favorite flavor.

5. Cindy Swanson of Notes in the Key of Life asks: Have you ever had a crush on a movie star? Who was it, and are you still crushing?
Of course I've had crushes on movie stars! Who hasn't?!? Let's see... Orlando Bloom, Shemar Moore, Josh Holloway, Alex O'Loughlin,... Oh, and Johnny Depp! I only crush when I watch. Out of sight, out of mind.

6. Glasses or braces--if you had to wear one, which would it be?
I'll keep my glasses, thank you. I'm so used to wearing them, it's almost (almost) like they're not even there. Plus, I have some really cute ones now. :o) Thankfully I have straight teeth (without the help of braces), and I wouldn't want that pain.

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'd live somewhere quiet and peaceful, but not too far away from the city where I could have access to whatever I need/want. I'm partial to mountains.

8. If money were no obstacle, what would be the perfect birthday gift to receive?
I have no idea! I have a hard enough time coming up with birthday ideas for my family - and with spending any birthday money I get from them.

9. What is your favorite birthday meal?
Anything I don't have to cook for myself! I like too many different kinds of food to choose just one favorite. But I do have a favorite dessert that I rarely get - and this year I'm going to make it for myself for my birthday. (Yeah, yeah, I know what I said...) Coconut Cream Pie!

10. Do you still send hand-written thank you notes?
No, though I should. I don't take the time to hand-write much of anything. I know people who do, and I admire them for it, but I'm not motivated enough to do it myself.

11. Linda from Mocha with Linda poses this question: What is something you've done that you never thought you'd do?
Well, I never thought I'd like living in Dallas. In fact, when we were getting ready to move here, I was dreading it. Now I love it and I can't imagine living anywhere smaller.

12. Mount Rushmore honors four US Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt. If you could add any person to Mount Rushmore, who would you add and why?
Any person or any other president? Honestly, I don't know who I'd honor from either group. This is another deep thinking question that I'm drawing a blank on. I don't (usually) like to answer these flippantly. I'm going to "borrow" another answer I saw and say Billy Graham. (Thanks, Linda! Great answer!)

Some of these were tough! But I really don't want easy questions, so they were good. Do you have answers - or suggestions - for any of them?

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Ashley! Enjoyed your answers.

I've always thought I would enjoy living in the Dallas area...I've loved it whenever I've visited! And think how much closer it would be to Austin! :)