Monday, November 26, 2007

Menu Plan Monday #8


I took last week off from cooking since we were going to be traveling. I didn't want any leftovers hanging around in the 'fridge while we were gone, so we had quick-fixes. I had one sweet potato and one baking potato left and didn't want them to go bad, so we shared them last Monday night. Jacob and I had baked potato with butter, Ranch dressing, and Tony's; Billy and Caleb had baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar. I don't remember what we had Tuesday night...

We had chicken & sausage gumbo Wednesday at Billy's parents' house. It was delicious! For dessert we had my birthday cake - brown sugar pound cake. It was soooo good, very mild. I couldn't eat much of the icing; it was too sweet.

Our Thanksgiving menu consisted of turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole (2/3 topped with pecans, 1/3 topped with marshmallows), corn casserole, broccoli cheese casserole, green beans, green peas, candied yams, cranberry sauce (whole berry and jellied), cranberry relish (which I totally missed!), rolls, a marinated salad, and black and green olives. For dessert there was pecan pie, Nanny's fudge pie (old family recipe), fudge, pumpkin cheesecake trifle, two fruit salads, and brown sugar pound cake. Pre-lunch, we all snacked on cheese straws; after dessert, we all snacked on spinach dip with pretzels and chips. (I feel like I'm forgetting something, there's so much to remember!)

Friday night we ate leftovers; Saturday night, burgers and fries.

Last night after we got home, I was really in the mood to have Chinese food delivered, but I couldn't find our old take-out menus and I couldn't find any local restaurants online. I didn't want Billy to have to get out and pick something up from Panda Express since it was raining and he had been driving in it all day, so we had chili cheese corn dogs.

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Tuesday: leftovers

Wednesday: Billy's First Prize Chili (Are you jealous?!?)

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: take out from Panda Express (I'm really wanting some Mandarin Chicken!)

Saturday: potluck appetizers (Our small group from church will be meeting for our combination Thanksgiving/Christmas gathering. Billy thought it would be a good idea for everyone to bring their favorite holiday appetizer to share. I'm going to make my Hot & Spicy Artichoke Dip, but I can't decide if I'm going to take toasted French bread slices or crackers for it. I'd like to take something else, too, but I'm not sure what.)

Sunday: sandwiches

For more menu inspiration, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You have inspired me with the menu thing and this is my first week.I am going to try and add it to my blog. I want the artichoke dip recipe!! That sounds wonderful!