Sunday, January 22, 2012

Reading Through the Bible Chronologically

Ten years ago, I read through the Bible in a year. It was hard work, but I did it. This year I'm trying to read through the Bible chronologically. I'm looking forward to seeing where things fit together.

There are 13 of us in a private Facebook group who are reading through chronologically together - keeping each other accountable and sharing our thoughts. I started posting my various thoughts on the readings, but they (my thoughts) were getting a little too lengthy - in my opinion. I don't like cluttering the board like that, so I'm going to blog my thoughts here. You can skip it if you like; I promise not to be offended. :o) Of course, I'll still post my thoughts to the board, but they'll be abridged.

My plan is for one post per book, which means I'll be adding to each post every few days or so. For each chapter, I'll use the heading my Bible uses. (I'm using the NET Bible.) As I read each day, I jot down my ideas and questions; then I read my Bible's study notes and notes from the Bible Knowledge Commentary for further clarification. Some chapters speak to me more than others, so my posting will reflect that.

If you have other insights or want to read along with me, please share that with me!

No comments: