Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ten Best Movies I've Seen Recently

I used to participate in a weekly meme called Ten on Tuesday. I don't remember the last time I answered one, but I'd venture to guess it's been at least a year. I'd like to start posting my lists again as part of my goal for blogging more this year.

We don't go out to movies often, but since we now have DVR, I've been recording several things I've wanted to watch. We hardly ever rent movies from Blockbuster or even RedBox, and the ones I've checked out from the library have been scratched and usually quit working 30 minutes into the movie. That said, most of the movies on my list are going to be older ones.

1. Return to Me - David Duchovny, Minnie Driver
I love Minnie Driver! I think she's beautiful and the few movies I've seen with her, I've liked. This one was great - a new favorite. I just finished watching it just before starting this post! I cried like I cry when I watch Steel Magnolias, my all-time favorite movie.

2. Diary of a Mad Black Woman - Tyler Perry
I love the Madea movies! Sometimes I wish I could get away with saying some of the things Madea says... This has been coming on TV a lot lately, so I almost always watch it. The storyline is good, and I really like the character of Orlando (played by Shemar Moore).

Last weekend I watched Madea Goes to Jail, but it wasn't as good as this one or Madea's Family Reunion. I think it might be the same old jokes, which are getting old.

3. Where the Heart Is - Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd
Here's another older one I had always wanted to see but never took the time to watch.

4. Up - Disney Pixar film
I love all the Pixar films, and this one was no exception. Since I fell asleep during the last 20 minutes or so, I need to watch the end.

5. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
Surprise! The only Star Wars movie I haven't seen is Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. The originals were okay; I mostly found things to make fun of in them, which isn't hard to do after having seen Space Balls any number of times. Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace was okay. I wasn't wild about the boy who played Anakin Skywalker. But I really enjoyed episode 3!

6. Bewitched - Nicole Kidman, Will Farrell
Fun movie!

7. The Stepford Wives - Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broderick, Glenn Close, Christopher Walken, Bette Midler, Jon Lovitz
Lots of great actors! The movie was surprisingly good. I gave my mom the DVD for Christmas several years ago, but she said she was disappointed in it. I think she prefers the original.

8. The Proposal - Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds
We watched this movie Christmas night with my parents and sisters. I like almost anything with Sandra Bullock!

-----------------


I've watched other DVRed movies recently, but I erase them after I watch them. Now I've forgotten what I've seen. Maybe I'll save numbers 9 and 10 for two I haven't watched yet: Julie & Julia and Night at the Museum 2. Oh, and Star Trek for a bonus 11. Maybe I'll find one more for an even dozen!

No comments: