Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Over the Hump?

I'm in my third week of watching what I eat and counting calories. I think I'm over the always-hungry hump! I noticed both yesterday and today that I haven't had the urge to eat too much. If that's the case, then things should be much easier!

I've lost 6 lbs. and 3 inches since I started. On "Measurement Mondays", I enter various measurements into my iFitness app and it charts my progress. Apparently my abs are going to be the hardest place to lose; those measurements haven't changed at all... On "Weigh-In Wednesdays" and "Sneak Peak Saturdays", I enter my weight into my iFitness and Lose It! apps so I can see my progress. I actually weigh myself every day, but I only enter it into my programs twice a week. It's been a pretty steady drop, and it's been going a little faster than I thought. I'm targeted to reach my goal weight on June 23, but if I reach it earlier, I'm going to keep going to my final date to see how much I can lose. Believe me, I can stand to lose more than my goal actually is. I set a lower goal because I thought it was going to be really hard.

I've started exercising some most days, too. I read recently that exercise helps, but not to the degree that good nutrition will. So instead of worrying about how many calories I get to burn each day, I'm working harder on watching what I eat and exercising a little to get me going in the mornings. If I get in a good walk or maybe even a run here and there, that's just a bonus.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

No comments: