Friday, June 27, 2008

Boiled Peanuts and Tomato Sandwiches

My friend Kim emailed me this afternoon that she had seen some raw peanuts at a nearby produce stand. She knows I love boiled peanuts and was wanting some. I went by later, but all I could find were bags of peanuts and a basket of raw Valencia peanuts. None fresh pulled (or "green") - but I think it's still too early for that. I wasn't sure about using the raw Valencias, so I skipped the peanuts for now. I'll have to check with Mama on that...

I hated to not buy anything, and all the produce looked really good, so I browsed and thought about what would be good with crock pot steak and mashed potatoes, which we'll be having one night next week. I ended up buying some squash and two tomatoes. I ate one tonight: some on a BLT and some on a tomato sandwich. Yum! Brings back childhood memories.

Now if I can just get my hands on some boiled peanuts... Mama or Lindsay, would you please run by your Wal-Mart and pick me up a few cans...? (The canned ones are good, but not as good as fresh. Still, I'll take what I can get!) People in Texas look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for them.

No comments: