Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: February 14

Last week's chaos is over, and this week looks to be a little more normal.

Menu plans are always subject to change, but especially on Fridays and Saturdays. Last Friday when I was grocery shopping, I saw a bin of fresh pineapples for 99 cents each. We love fresh pineapple, so I couldn't resist. Then I remembered we had a partial package of hamburger buns that needed to be used. So I grabbed a package of lunch meat ham and a tray of jalapenos so I could make some grilled ham & jalapeno pineapple sandwiches. They turned out great, even though I forgot to get some teriyaki sauce for them. Billy worked his magic in the kitchen and made a honey soy sauce to help hold the sandwich mixture together and add a little more flavor. The boys were disappointed to find there were no leftovers. And we polished off the rest of that pineapple with our supper. Maybe they'll have some more this week...

I also bought some strawberries for tonight!

Here's this week's menu (which is subject to change based on anything interesting I see while grocery shopping at ALDI - and this week they're featuring Asian food...):

Monday
blackened tilapia (unless I decide to do something with some of those jalapenos I bought...)
whole kernel corn
salad
chocolate-dipped strawberries

** I've changed two of today's menu items: Chipotle Grilled Tilapia and Mexican Corn (recipe from allrecipes.com). We shall see...

Tuesday
baked potatoes
salad

Wednesday
We'll be eating at the Dallas Mavericks game! The boys' basketball award was free tickets for all the players, and parents were able to get discount tickets. And it's Billy's birthday, too!

Thursday
Italian roast
mashed potatoes
roasted cauliflower
homemade bread

Friday
leftover Italian roast on hoagies
chips
fresh fruit

Saturday
sandwiches (It's home team night.)

Sunday
leftovers or sandwiches

The Italian roast is a new recipe, but I've eaten it before and it's melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious! I enjoyed it for the first time a few days before Thanksgiving at a luncheon at Billy's office. I've been dying for more, but I've been waiting for a good sale on chuck roast, which Brookshire's has this week and which I'll be purchasing tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

For more menu plan ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: