Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - April 26, 2010

We ended up with more leftovers last week than I had anticipated, so we're starting the week off with those. We would've had them for lunch yesterday, but we had an AWANA appreciation luncheon. After the church business meeting last night, we stopped in at McDonald's...

Now that the weather is warmer, we'll start having frequent salad suppers instead of soup nights. Homemade pizzas are a thing of the past for now, too. Having to bake the pizzas in shifts at such a high temperature gets the kitchen too hot for the spring and summer. Now it's one-dish stove-top meals, grilling, and salads. Yum! If I do need to bake something small, I can use my convection toaster oven, which doesn't put out a lot of unnecessary heat.

Monday
leftover bison burgers and roasted potatoes

And it's haircut night, which is perfect with leftovers because I don't have so much to clean up in the kitchen.

Tuesday
Southwestern Cornbread Salad
fresh guacamole and salsa with tortilla chips

Wednesday
leftovers

Thursday
Fried Rice
Mandarin Chicken Salad

Friday
leftovers

Saturday
sandwiches
Our home group meets tonight, so we'll be eating something quick before we go.

Sunday
AWANA Picnic in the Park
I need to take a dessert from Jacob's group and a side dish from Caleb's. I think I'll go the easy route for Jacob's and just take a package of cookies. (I have some coupons I need to use.) I'm undecided what I want to take for a side. Maybe a baked potato casserole? That's picnic safe.

For more menu plans, be sure to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: