Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 2011 Book List

8. The 13th Hour by Richard Doetsch

Nick Quinn has been wrongfully arrested for the murder of his wife. While he waits in the interrogation room for his lawyer, a mysterious stranger enters and gives him a letter and a pocket watch, with the instructions not to lose either one. He has been given the ability to go back in time, one hour at a time for 12 hours, to save his wife's life.

As he searches for answers to saving his wife' life, he learns that time is a precious gift, not to be wasted. He vows to make the most of every moment with his wife - if he can save her. He also learns that one action can set into motion a chain of events causing devastating consequences for those he loves - and for hundreds of strangers as well. Can he find the answer, or will time run out?

This is such an intriguing story! It kept me on my toes. Just when I thought I had figured something out, I was thrown for a loop with a major plot twist. Doetsch kept me guessing to the end - and left open the possibility of a sequel.

One thing that drew me to this book was that it ties in with what our small group from church discussed one night: If you could go back and change one particular thing in your life, would you? And if so, what would it be? What consequences would it have erased, and what would it have possibly caused? Although it's not a possibility, it does make you think.

I've added this to my list of 5-star books for when friends ask me for recommendations.

---------------------------------

Currently Reading:
9. Lord of the Flies by William Golding Decision Points by George W. Bush

No comments: