Monday, September 24, 2007

The Waiting Game

Well, I went to the dentist this afternoon to get my permanent crown. The only problem was it was made too big, too tall to fit my bite. The dentist ground and ground on the crown, fitting it again and again, only to have to take it out and grind some more. Finally he said they would have to have it remade. He said that often happens when the crown is for one all the way in the back of the mouth. If it's between two other teeth, they can measure the crown to fit, but when it's the last tooth, there can be all sorts of problems with fitting it.

Thankfully my first impression was good and I didn't have to do that gross part again! Now I've got another temporary crown and another 3 weeks before we see if the second crown fits any better.

Good Buy!

I was lacking one small but important ingredient from tonight's supper (Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Jalapeno Pineapple) - the jalapeno. I only use fresh ones when I cook. I have a jar of pickled jalapenos in the refrigerator, but they're too hot to enjoy the flavor. I only use them for my homemade salsa.

Since I had to get out anyway to take the babysitter home (after $5 worth of keeping the boys for my dental appointment), we stopped by Wal-Mart to get my one little thing. Caleb read the price - 33 cents per pound. He wanted to weigh our one little pepper, so he put it on the scales. It barely registered. I laughed as we walked to the register to check out, wondering if I'd have enough change or if I'd have to break my $10. (Once I break a $10, it seems to vanish!)

I handed the pepper to the cashier and told her I was a big spender today. She rang me up and we both laughed. I owed one cent. Yes, one measly penny for my all-so-important jalapeno! Thankfully I had some change - even a penny - in my wallet. That's the cheapest - and quickest - I've ever gotten out of Wal-Mart! And it'll probably never happen again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that would have been quite a story if the crown had been a FRONT tooth, and he hadn't been able to remove it. You could have moved to BAWCOMVILLE and fit right in!

I love you.
-daddy-

Ashley said...

Ha-ha!