Today's Thursday Thirteen: 13 computer games I find myself playing when I have other things I should be doing. Or sometimes when I'm just winding down for the night.
1. Arithmetiles - This is the latest game of choice. The highest I've gotten is level 27, and that was only once. Most other times I lose around level 22 or 23.
2. Crazy Cube - I really enjoyed playing this game at first; then I got stuck on level 16. Somehow I passed it and finished the game (30 levels), but I haven't been able to get past level 16 again. It's frustrating, but I'm determined to figure it out one of these days.
3. Sudoku - I'm hooked. I'll admit I haven't played this in a while, but I'll probably get back to it again soon. Caleb likes to watch me play and help me with it sometimes. He's even got his own "Sudoku for Kids" puzzle book. (He also likes to help me work logic puzzles.)
4. Letter Rip - It's like Arithmetiles, only you make words.
5. Diner Dash - I haven't played this one in a while, but it was fun.
6. Speed Marbles - This game is so addictive! Even the boys like to play it from time to time.
7. Billiards Classic - This is a great game to wind down with in the evenings. It's frustrating to play against the computer, so I mostly play against myself.
8. Mini Golf Classic - Mini golf is fun whether you're playing it on a course or on the computer!
9. Mah-Jongg - This was probably one of the first computer games I got hooked on. I think it was one of Caleb's, too.
10. Bookworm - Another fun word game.
11. Alchemy - I also have this game on my hard drive so I don't have to play it online. It's addictive, too.
12. Hidden Expedition: Mt. Everest - This is like the "I Spy" games, only harder. There are also a few other hidden picture games like this. I only play the free online part of the game. There's not much to those, but they have a few different puzzles to go through each time.
13. Inspector Parker - I finally found a fun, online logic puzzle game. I can play this for hours. I shouldn't, but I just get caught up in it sometimes...
There are other games I like to play from time to time, too, but these are my favorites. I may go for weeks or months without playing certain ones, then go back. Others I may play some every day.
What do you like to play?