Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - August 23, 2010

Yes, I know it's been quite a while since I posted a menu plan. With the boys gone several weeks this summer, and us busy the rest of the time, I didn't have time to post - or really even plan, for that matter.

Now we're back to school and back to staying home, so I can get back into my greatly-missed regular routine. Woohoo!

Here's this week's menu plan:

Monday
Shrimp Tortellini with Broccoli and Garlic Butter Sauce
I had purchased these items on a whim at ALDI, as I'm trying out different things there to see what we like and what we don't. It cost roughly $8.50 for all the ingredients. (I'll have a separate ALDI post later.) Anyway, I just threw this together and it turned out quite delicious. The boys liked it, and Billy took the leftovers for his lunch today.

Tuesday
Black Bean Quesadillas and Southwestern-Style Rice
These quesadillas have become quite the family favorite. I love that they're quick, easy, and healthy. All these ingredients were bought at ALDI, too, but I haven't figured my total cost on them yet.

Wednesday
Southwestern Cornbread Salad
At the last minute, it seems, I've realized what I can do with my leftover beans and corn from the quesadillas. Even having them for leftovers doesn't use them all and I end up throwing some away. This time we'll carry them over to the salad and nothing will go to waste! Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Thursday
Pancakes
This was Caleb's last-minute choice, and I didn't think about sausage or bacon to go with it.

Friday
leftovers - if there are any - or eating out.

Saturday
Dirty Rice (Tony Chachere's brand) and Caesar Salad

Sunday
Hmmm... I didn't plan that far in advance. I usually plan from Saturday through Friday each week since I grocery shop on Friday afternoons (ALDI) and Saturday mornings (Wal-Mart for any produce and remaining items).

For more menu plan ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: